I remember when I was in the military and the civilian secretary always had lemon water on her desk. At the time, I couldn’t even grasp why she would do that. The only way I wanted lemon in my water was if I was having lemonade. HAHA.
Fast forward many years later, now I understand why she was always drinking lemon in her water. There are so many health benefits for drinking lemon water, especially first thing in the morning. One of the biggies to me was that it helps cleanse the liver. Growing up whenever we got a sore throat, our mom always made a lemon and honey tea with a cough drop in it. I was aware of it for those medicinal purposes. As a matter of fact, I make that tea for our kids if they get a sore throat. Hey, why mess with what I like to call an old home remedy.
Check out some of the reasons you should drink lemon water in the morning from RealFarmacy:
4. The liver produces more enzymes from water with lemon than from any other food.
5. Water with lemon cleanses the liver. Lemon juice stimulates the liver to release toxins.
6. Water with Lemon helps fight infections of the respiratory tract, sore throats and inflammation of the tonsils. This is due to the anti-inflammatory properties of lemon.
7. Warm water with lemon helps regulate natural bowel movement.
8. Water with lemon is indispensable for the normal work of metabolism. Since lemon is a powerful antioxidant, it protects the body from free radicals and strengthens the immune system.
For the last few months, I’ve always made sure I drink a bottle of water first thing when I get up. Now I will be adding lemon to it. Since there are benefits to drinking lemon water first thing in the morning. Who knew there would be so many health benefits. Eric and I are all for natural ways to take care of our health. Will you join us?
Read the rest of the article titled 20 Reasons You Should Drink Lemon Water in the Morning by click the link.